Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ah, technology

I've been trying to format this blog to place a slideshow of the books I've published at the side.  If wishes were horses . . . (oops, another idiom.  I love them!)   I could put them on one post but then they would disappear from sight into the vacuum of previous posts.   As what sometimes (often) happens with technology, I know what I want to do but the question then becomes how to do it.

Over the years, I have upgraded my skills and abilities in this regard.   In some cases--perhaps many cases--computer programs have improved to be more intuitive and easier to use.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find this out directly from Blogger, the program that this blog is on.  In this case it led me to the 'layout' tab and then 'Add a slideshow' but it seems I can only had photographs that are pre-selected.  These are various scenic and artsy drawings, some attractive enough, but definitely not my covers.    So I persevere.

Someone suggested to me once that I simply type my question into Google and I must confess I have found that this simple solution works quite often.      I try out something called Photobucket and go to the trouble to upload all my covers but alas, something goes wrong between steps and the slideshow fails to materialize.  I try another similar process, without success as well before ending up with the slideshow that now presents itself at the top of each post.


Whew!


Not exactly what I had in mind but I'll leave it for a while and see if it grows on me.   Meanwhile, I am also attempting to find out how to undo the present pagination in a book and re-place it so that will occupy me for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment