Wednesday, June 5, 2013

CREATIVE BLOG NAMES


                                                               
Some authors have interesting names for their author blogs, certainly more interesting than mine.   I came across some unique ones recently:

The Skwib -  I was under the impression that a squib was the small device an actor wears under his clothing which, when pressed, ejects reel blood (that's what film blood is called) as befits the scene.  A squib is also is a miniature explosive device used by the military.

Hmmm  - This can frequently escape from the lips of writers as they search for just the right turn of phrase.

Ink in my coffee -  Do any writers still make long hand notes?   I guess it depends on the speed of your keyboarding.

Journey of an Enquiring Mind   -  I like this;  it sounds so erudite!

Me, Myself and the Manuscript  -  That says it all.

And finally:  Fight for Your Write

Reading these and other author blogs makes me feel a little simple minded in my choice of title.   A clever turn of phrase for a blog title  seems prescient of a well written book.  My only defence is that someone looking for my blog would find me easiest by name.   If I called my blog Music, Travel and Books  in an attempt to define some of my favourite interests I might run the risk that a reader would  think it was Banjo, Badminton and Bicycles,  and end up somewhere else, forgetting all about me and my books.

How about  SHE SHOOTS, SHE SCORES!!

                                                                       



Or   FEED ME, I'M YOUR BLOG


                                                     




Would it be too ridiculous to be titled  NO MONKEY BUSINESS!?

                                                                   



In regards to the last suggestion,  I could be running into the Infinite Monkey Theorem:


The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.
 I can't complete with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment