Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Pleasant conversation

As I wrote earlier, I'm new to blogging so I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I should post.  Someone suggested that I write as though I am sitting down over a cup of coffee having a pleasant conversation with a friend who is interested in what I am doing.    That sounds possible.

So my imaginary friend who is interested to hear about what I am doing wants to hear about both the process of writing my books as well as what they are about.   Right now I am working on another cozy mystery in my Jaswinder Mystery Series.  This will be the third and the process has been  different from the other two in that I did the cover right near the beginning whereas with Operatory of Death  and Death at Table 15 the covers were designed after the book was substantially written.  The editing process can get a little tedious so the covers are fun:   choosing pictures and design templates seems to involve different thought processes.   But, as I said, this time was different and as I've discovered, writers need to be flexible.  

Here's the draft of the cover.   See if you can figure out where it takes place (without reading the back!)   Hint:   There's a clue in the last chapters of Death at Table 15.


No comments:

Post a Comment